Netwisp Forums  

Go Back   Netwisp Forums > All things Netwisp > Pre-Sales Questions

Old 02-07-2005, 05:01 PM

Default A few questions...

first off, I run a marijuana related website. Im thinking about a new host.

Nothing Illegal at all goes on there, simply discussion. Would that be a problem.
If thats ok, I have a few more.

I also have another site, is it possible for me to transfer the data? Would that be hard? Also, i have a phpbb 2.0.1 board already, would it be possible to upgrade from the boards you have so i wont lose any data?

if not, I got the php software, how hard would that be to install here?

thanks for your time
Old 02-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Hal Send a message via AIM to Hal Send a message via MSN to Hal

Hi,

First of all, I'm sorry about the delay in responding to your questions. We don't check the forums as often as we should because they're not that busy [8 posts in 3 years].

With that said, here are the answers to your questions:

Quote:
first off, I run a marijuana related website. Im thinking about a new host.

Nothing Illegal at all goes on there, simply discussion. Would that be a problem.
I don't think it will be a problem so long as it stays a legal discussion about it. But if the discussion turns into how to grow marijuana in the back yard while avoiding detection or how to distribute it then I think the authorities might have some questions for everyone.

Quote:
I also have another site, is it possible for me to transfer the data? Would that be hard?
Yes is is possible for you to transfer it and no, it won't be hard although the exact steps will depend on what control panel your current host is using.

Quote:
Also, i have a phpbb 2.0.1 board already, would it be possible to upgrade from the boards you have so i wont lose any data?
Do you mean 2.0.11? cPanel has a autoinstaller and auto-upgrade script for phpBB so you can upgrade it with a click of a button. However, if you have any custom mods for your phpBB boards, those would be removed by the upgrade.

Quote:
if not, I got the php software, how hard would that be to install here?
Not hard. Usually you just need to upload the files and follow their install instructions for setting up the board. We also have phpMyAdmin to help you with managing your mySQL databases as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions about our services!

Hal